Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Brown

I really didn't set out to have an all SteamPunk week, but here we all with more. Brown leather rustic wear.
1. Steampunk Chest Harness - velvetmechanism
2. Steampunk Unisex Cuff with Secret Pocket - Distressed Brown - sewlutionbyamo
3. Durango rugged leather belt - Urbanhardwear
4. Leather steampunk top - jazuchan
I am not a brown fan. I remember in high school, I took a weekend class on wardrobe building and color where I was told I had to choose black, navy or brown upon which to base all my clothing. I picked black, but if I had to go back I would have called the woman an idiot and there might be a place in my life for these brown leather pieces. Whether it's a harness to steam up a simple outfit, a cuff for a subtle approach, an all out bold top or an amazing bag that appears to have been drug through the apocalypse and survived, these pieces add instant character.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Sewlutions' World said...

Those outfits are awesome!

mermaiden said...

that belt is insanely cool.

Athena's Armoury said...

That chest harness and top are amazing.

Myke Amend said...

That spin-lock latch - I have one on a pouch I bought at a ren fair 15 years ago... I've always been looking for more of them. It drives me nuts that I am seeing them pop up on so many nice things - but I still can't find a place to just buy the latches.

Well, anyway - Lovely collection as always ^_^

Eatthedead said...

Thank you again so much for featuring me! It's such an honor to be a part of your amazing collections!

Tye
Urban Hardwear