Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What's Green In Steam

As a nod to Earth Day, I thought I'd show off a few of the many steamy recycled pieces at etsy.1. Recycled Car Part and Conveyor Belt BRACELET - stevenshaverdesigns
2. Momma Spyder - desertsol
3. Metropolis 3 -handbag - Garbagebag
4. CAPTAIN CONFUSION - The Understandably Disoriented Steampunk Robot - reclaim2fame
SteamPunk has always been a culture of reusing and recycling one thing into another. Seeing something amazing in a pile of junk not only helps the natural environment, but enhances our world with art and objects with deeper meaning. From the practical like a great stylish bag to jewelry like the car part bracelet and fantastical art made from too many piece to name, etsy has got some serious green steam.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Sara said...

The Understandably Disoriented Robot has got to be the best name ever.

Sarah Dungan said...

Not only does he have the best name ever, he's adorable!

19 Moons said...

Some innovative, fun stuff here! I am all about Eco-Steam, as all my jewelry uses recycled bits as well.