Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Julian DiMarco

For the first time ever, a single artist...1. The infinity circuit
2. Steampunk Wunderkammer
3. Antarctic soil sample from the lovecraft short story 'at the mountains of madness'
4. The clockwork hand of Anton Evisser
All pieces by jfdimarco
So I was looking for gadgets and I found this unassuming little shop and I suffered from amazing gadget overload. I simply could not decide which piece to feature and opted for my first ever, single artist feature. I was in heaven, not only as a lover of Steampunk, but also as an unapologetic Lovecraft fan. Each piece clearly has a story, a dark history and each is unforgettable. Not to mention the Wunderkammer, wow. You simply must visit the shop to see all the closeups of the pieces to fully appreciate this amazing art. Did I already say Wow?

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Myke Amend said...

Too much awesome. I could use many of these things for my summer home in R'lyeh

Anonymous said...

that cabinet is meticulous and perfect.
*hugs cabinet* Nice work Julian!